Friday 13 April 2012

on losing my blog virginity.

So, apparently being an author means you're supposed to write. Well, sometimes writing isn't all that its cracked up to be. I often think very deeply about writing, but then don't get a lot of writing done. After some encouragement from my cousin, Chris Bose and my classmates in my online Creative Writing class, I decided why not try having a blog, so here it is. Now, wtf do I blog about without giving too much away. A blog, isn't it like, free writing, just writing whatever falls out of your mind? I don't know but I shall find out I suppose. Potential topics?

On being a woman in 2012, not just a woman, but a mother, an Aboriginal woman? Ah gad, the memories. I think about this often. Like how I often reflect on cherry blossoms. I love cherry blossoms. One of my favourite memories involves a beautiful huge one at UBC while one of our fellow guy students climbed up inside and then shook the tree so that cherry blossoms fell all around us ladies, about um, seven of us perhaps. It was such a beautiful moment.

I've told some of my guy friends about this, told them get your lady to stand underneath that tree and climb up inside and shake the hell out of it so that the cherry blossoms fall on her. Just don't fall out.... LOL. My friend said he did this for his lady and someone came along and tried giving him hell, he told the guy, "Hey look dude, me and my girl are trying to have a moment here. Get lost alright because you're ruining it." The guy apologized and left. I thought that was funny.

On running. I like running, I run often. I like run/walking Teapot Hill. Teapot Hill is a beautiful little hike on the other side of Cultus Lake. When I run Teapot, I often reflect on the time I cannonballed down it, because I was running too darn fast, actually, uh, sprinting straight down the mountain like some kind of, how does it go, hair straight back and daydreaming. I do not suggest this to anyone, as you may end up doing something similar to what I did and then, like me, end up being carted away in an ambulance.

So maybe sometimes I will write about writing. Or write about mommyhood or write about running or trails or Thomas the Train. We shall see where this Blog leads us. So, this for now is where I start.

No comments:

Post a Comment